Role: Technical Support Engineer
Location: West Yorkshire
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to support internal teams, sales and marketing teams for sale of our client's products. You will come from a Scientific or Engineering background with technical experience in sensors / transducers and sales experience.
- To provide technical advice to specified clients as part of the business development process, supporting and working with commercial and technical colleagues
- To undertake trials of and support training in the use of our clients products. Present feedback from these activities to technical and commercial colleagues to support product testing and development.
- To support the technical marketing activity including giving presentations, writing technical reviews, papers, brochures, bulletins and emailers, working with commercial colleagues
- To support the New Product Evaluation and Introduction process by collecting and presenting customer technology requests and requirements.
- To lead the organisation of and attendance at trade shows and conference activities
- Support the BD Technical Manager and Commercial team
- Technical qualification - science, engineering (required)
- Knowledge of NDT technology and industry, specifically of sensors and transducers (required)
- Experience of technical sales (preferred)
- Experience of client focused role (preferred)
- Exposure to sectors including oil and gas, refining, energy and nuclear (preferred)
- Good communication skills to articulate the technical advantages and performance benefits of our clients products Entrepreneurial and resourceful, able to manage own time and meet deadlines within a small team, working in a dynamic SME environment.
- Available for overseas travel to client visits, trials, conferences and tradeshows.