Applicants must be able to work an alternating shift pattern for this role.
- Support Rig Owner (RO) in the day-to-day operation on the allocated rig and help to resolve/repair any issues/failures.
- Provide technical support to the Project Manager.
- Interface professionally as a representative of NEL with customers when on site.
- Accurately and efficiently acquire and store customer/test data.
- Quality check customer/test data and produce Test Certificates.
- Provide input and technical support to training new test operators.
- Aid with installation, removal and safe operation of client's equipment.
- Willingness to train on data acquisition software.
- Safely manoeuvre and position heavy items of plant using overhead cranes, fork lift trucks and other lifting devices to trained competence.
- Undertake calibration of instrumentation used across the various facilities.
- Identification and reporting of any maintenance and traceability issues.
- Aid RO to maintain UKAS accreditation standards using internal traceability software.
Health and Safety
- Safe operation of allotted test facility for test and calibration work.
- Aid RO to undertake regular reviews of operating procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure that risk and COSHH assessments are in place for all jobs.
- Undertake safety inspections of the laboratory facilities when requested.
- Continuous self-development of skills and knowledge relating to metrology, quality assurance, instrumentation and electronics and facility fault-finding.
Education and Experience:
- Degree level or equivalent in Engineering, Instrumentation or a related topic. A PhD or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Fundamental understanding of complex flows with the ability to work across service offering from testing through to research and consultancy.
Specific skills, knowledge, competencies and training:
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Communication skills.
- Operational understanding of flow meters and the calibration process
- Quality systems and standards, specifically ISO1702
Knowledge of instrumentation and SCADA systems.