- Assess client documents and specifications to identify and communicate Weld QA/QC requirements.
- Develop, maintain, Define and improve ANL welding processes and standards so that performance is enhanced across project lifecycle and customer/regulatory requirements are completed
- To support bids and put in place processes which enhance design for manufacture associated with welding activities
- To operate and establish, with the QC Manager, welding governance procedures which include Management audits, Gemba walks, welding inspection, NDT arrangements, KPIs and monthly reporting.
- To establish and control subcontractor activities associated with welding activities
- Support functional Management by providing functional welding expertise on investigations, training, process development etc.
- Support the Operational Quality Control Manager being involved in improvement projects aimed at enhancing Welding Quality Assurance within ANL.
- Interpret nuclear industry and customer spec welding standards and define actions which ensure compliance.
- Develop, verify welding documentation, including weld maps, welding history sheets, welding procedure specifications, welder qualifications, NDT procedures sheets, route cards, Project Quality plans etc. in relation to welding requirements and activities.
- Liaise with customer Quality Assurance and inspection representatives
- Work with the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre on standards and best practice solutions.
- Deployment of preventive actions from lessons learnt across new projects.
- Provide necessary Welding/NDT expertise and support to ITT/Bid Reviews and Associated QHSE Bid/Estimate submission
- Provide necessary expertise and support to Design Reviews and provide feedback on Welding/NDT related Design Codes, LFE, Design For Manufacture issues, Weld/NDT Inspection & Test capability issues, required Quality Planning/Arrangements
- Provide necessary expertise and daily operational input to audit and review of Welding/NDT quality arrangements.
- Provide input for monthly welding reports as required by Senior Management Team
- Maintain welder qualifications and qualify welders as necessary to suit project needs.
- Train, coach and enhance welding competency across operations, engineering and quality functions.
- Development and delivery of training in welding processes / standards
- Provide necessary Welding/NDT expertise and support to verification at source (Supplier Product inspection, Documentation reviews, Witness inspections)
- Provide Welding/NDT expertise and support in the production of Investigation reports, Non-Conformity Reports and Change control.
Contribute to various operational quality and business system activities to ensure continuing compliance to ISO9001, 14001, and other applicable standards, both legal and customer specific:
- Internal audits of welding processes and customer requirements
- Assistance in process problem solving, internal non-conformance control, root cause analysis and investigation
- Conducting preventive and corrective actions by quality awareness activities and initiatives.
Useful Information for Applicants
- A good influencer, somebody who is able to work effectively with cross functional colleagues and customers to achieve business goals.
- A self-starter, highly QA motivated: takes the initiative and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Technically competent and able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems and implement changes as required.
- Minimum 3-5 years background experience in Quality Engineering ideally from nuclear, aerospace, oil and gas engineering and manufacturing sectors
- Certified Welding Engineer, Recognised Welding Qualification: CSWIP 3.2 (minimum)
- Ability to interpret Engineering Customer Specifications and Engineering Drawings and define Welding/NDT requirements in terms of Resource needs, LQR needs, Acceptance criteria, qualifications and approvals, Processes/procedures needed, Verification methods, Inspection and Test equipment needed.
- 5 years of Weld Inspection Experience (i.e. Approval of Set-up and procedures, and managing the welding process)
- 2-3 years min NDT Inspection Experience (Approval of Set-up and procedures, and managing the welding process)
- Understanding of contractual requirements, customer specifications and technical requirements to ensure that the key issues are recognised and catered for in the tender.
- Must be able to understand technical engineering standards and specifications to be able to assure product and processes are conforming
- Minimum 5 years background experience in Quality Engineering ideally from nuclear, aerospace, oil and gas engineering and manufacturing sectors
- Quality planning, change management and process development
- Data analysis, investigation and problem solving
- Technical report writing and presentation
- Self-motivated to be able to work with minimum supervision and be able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems and create working teams
- Good understanding of Microsoft office software
- Welding and/or Engineering based qualification: HNC
- Recognised NDT Qualification: PCN Level 2 PT/MT/RT(Desirable)
- Supervisory; experience of Welding/NDT inspectors
- Knowledge and application of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Power point