|Field Service Engineer
|about 1 month ago
Do you want to work for a profitable business with an excellent salary?
Would you like to enhance your career within Engineering?
About the company:
- Our Client is recruiting a new Field Service Engineer to join the team.
- The client is a leading regional air compressor service provider and distributor to the automotive and industrial markets. Based in Wrotham, Kent, we have built a firm very good reputation for maintaining and installing German-made, high quality compressed air equipment throughout a diverse range of industry.
Quick overview of the role:
- Our engineer's visit our office frequently and cover 400 to 600 miles per week serving customers in Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex, and Greater London.
- The nature of our work is mainly planned preventative maintenance, but includes callouts, repairs, and installation work. We typically travel between multiple sites each day, often 4-5 jobs a day.
What benefits will you get?
- £35,000 salary
- Plus overtime and door-to-door travel time can equate to gross salaries in excess of circa £46,000 - £50,000
- Company mobile phone
- Company vehicle
- Uniform provided
- Comprehensive on-going training and support
- 21 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
What will you actually be doing?
- To carry out routine maintenance on all makes and types of compressed air equipment including rotary screw, vane and reciprocating compressors.
- To attend breakdown visits to conduct assessment, fault finding and repairs.
- To carry out the installation of compressed air equipment and pipework, when required.
- Typically covering Kent, Greater London, Essex, Surrey and Sussex.
- The candidate will report directly to the in-house Service team.
What hours will I work?
- Core hours are 0800 1700, although there is usually always travelling outside of this each day.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Reside in Kent, no more than 45-60 minutes from our location.
- Mechanical-electrical field service experience.
- Experience in plant maintenance and fault finding. Particularly beneficial would be experience relating to compressed air equipment.
- Electrical competence (certification not required). Knowledge of star delta motor starters would be advantageous
- A thorough approach, experience in solving mechanical and technical problems
- Good general presentation, communication and professional conduct
- A Full clean UK driving license and happy to be mobile
Key Details about the role:
-Average mileage of 600 miles per week
-Visit office perhaps 2 3 times per week typically.
-Mechanical and electrical experience. Electrical fault finding experience would be advantageous, especially anything involving star delta motor starters'
-Frequency of work; typically an engineer services 4-6 compressors per day and our coordinators manage the locations.
-Training; mainly on the job with other engineers but independent Health and Safety training is provided. HPC, based in Burgess Hill, run multiple courses per year.
-Must have come from a field service background