|Field Service Engineer (Mechanical)
|5 months ago
Field Service Engineer (Mechanical)
North West - National Travel
Fully Negotiable - Very Attractive
Our client, based in the Wriral, are renewable bioenergy and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) specialists, they are expanding their workforce to meet the growing demand for its products and services.
They are an award-winning business specialising in the design, manufacture and operation of liquid and gas-powered CHP units and power generation systems. Their range of applications begin at 5kWe through to 2.5mWe and everything in between. Their renewable power systems are utilised by a wide range of commercial application throughout the UK where a zero-carbon energy solution, reliability, and grid resilience are critical.
The Role of Service Engineer - Mechanical
• To provide a professional repair service to our client's fleet of biofuel and gas fuelled power generation, combined heat and power systems from 5kWe to 2.5mWe and clusters up to 25mWe. All CHP systems operate with heat recovery for LTHW, MTHW or steam.
• The role is a national role involving travel and overnight stays as required. As the role develops this will become a regionally defined role to reduce travel and lower our client's carbon footprint.
• You will attend client sites to carry out planned preventative maintenance of power generation and combined heat and power units in addition to breakdowns and any unscheduled repairs both Gas and Biofuel, and the associated fuel and LTHW/MTHW systems.
• Implementation of maintenance activities to manufacturers recommendations, from small services to overhauls.
• Competently carry out in-depth mechanical fault diagnosis on engines and alternators, including borescope analysis, temperature assessments, coolant and oil system reviews, alternator output tests and exhaust back pressure and gas analysis duties.
• Carry out regular radiator and intercooler flush and matrix cleaning.
• Ensure all systems are always safe and adhere to RAMS and ensure dynamic Risk Assessment and Method statements are completed before any job commences.
• Competing all service repair and defects via a digital service software utilising a tablet and understand the need to capture clear and concise records.
• Participate in the on-call rota, and attend site as and when required when on call to do so.
• Ensuring the service van is fully stocked and ready to respond with a first-time fix.
• Assist with in frame and out of frame engine rebuilds.
• Remove and replace main alternators pumps and heat exchangers.
• Assist workshop engineering resources as needed.
• Involvement with apprentice training and coaching of young engineers and interdepartmental colleagues.
• Champion change and share knowledge with the design team as to how systems can be improved to aid maintenance and the uptime of the engine.
• Understand how to reduce any unplanned downtime by system alterations and improvements.
Skills and Qualifications
• Ability to communicate at all levels with non-technical and technical colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
• A recognised apprenticeship in a motor vehicle or mechanical maintenance discipline or have had at least 3 years' experience in a similar field-based service engineers' role within the power generation industry.
• A valid gas safe qualification like COCN1,CGFE1 & ICPN1 is desirable.
• Experience of servicing large engines is essential.
• Ideally MAN, Siemens (Guascor), CAT and Perkins OEM trained
• Ability to use a computer proficiently for emails, report writing and system monitoring.
• Must have a full UK Driving licence.
• Able to obtain an enhanced DBS certificate.
• Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and its implementation.
• Have a can-do attitude even when under pressure from clients.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• Must have a keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work as part of a wider combine group, as well as on your own, to manage project demands and outcomes and thrive on an ever changing dynamic is essential.
• Prepared to work in other departments as and when the business requires.
• 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
• Company pension.
• Life assurance.
• Income protection.
• Full training program and career development.
Access to Perkbox and Employee Assistance