|Powertrain Test Engineer
|5 months ago
Location: - Milton Keynes
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Additional: Company Pension (3% Employee 5% Company), Life Assurance, Retail Discount Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Paid time off to Volunteer, Various Personal Wellbeing Initiatives, Professional Development.
Russell Taylor Group is working with a Global Testing Company who are looking to appoint a Powertrain Test Engineer who will be conducting engine performance, emissions, development, and durability tests for external customers.
REPORTS TO: Project Director
• Delivery of engine and / or powertrain component testing programs for clients.
-Interpret customer test procedures and requirements.
-Writing bespoke tests
- Writing clear and concise test instructions
-Daily status reports / End of test reports
• Ensure all test equipment meets customer requirements and is properly maintained / calibrated.
• Consistently liaise with the customers inhouse teams to ensure that the progress / direction of the project meets customer needs.
• Ensure the delivery of accurate, repeatable, and traceable date.
• Taking a proactive approach to fault diagnosis.
• Liaise with test technicians to maintain a professional working relationship ensuring they are informed of project progress and / or changes.
• Several years of power-engine testing / mechanical experience
• Knowledge and hands-on experience of using: ETAS INCA or alternative engine calibration tools and software
• Confidence with I.T and corresponding systems.
• Experience of managing data
• Confident Communicator with the ability to rapidly build a positive rapport.
• Analytical & Motivated thinker
• Highly organised with a strong attention to detail to ensure compliance with company and industry regulations.
• Desirable Skills:
-Engine particulate emissions experience
-AVL Concerto (Or Similar)
-Engine gas emissions testing
What you can gain from this opportunity:
• Work with the latest technology in a brand-new laboratory.
• Experience liaising with large clients.
• Working in a variety of software environments to hone analytical skills.
• Using a multitude of test programs