Account Manager - Chemical Industry
Up to £45k basic & car, bonus, private healthcare and pension
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager this job will involve managing and developing business sales at major existing & potential UK customers, with a particular emphasis on new business development of high added-value and profit potential activities, and long-term customer partnerships.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To lead the sales activity at small to medium sized targeted UK customers, in a professional and skilful manner, to achieve and improve planned and targeted sales volumes, margins and payment performance, within budgeted operating costs, whilst implementing agreed national & European pricing policies, in line where needed with ISO9001 accredited procedure
- To forge strong personal links with key players at each account personally managed, ensuring strong and lasting technical and commercial partnerships.
- To support the UK Sales manager, as required at major accounts nationally across the UK, to ensure a high level of effective customer service is provided, and customer projects are appropriately resourced,
- To drive forward new sales development opportunities, within the existing UK customer base and with entirely new customer opportunities, based on the full range of products & technology manufacturing capabilities within the group, to deliver significant long-term profit and cash growth, working closely with marketing, technical, operations and market development teams as needed.
- To work closely with the Operations Team, responsible for order completion and product despatch, to ensure excellent and cost-effective customer service is provided, including active membership and leadership if necessary of project and/or service improvement teams, and to ensure that accurate & timely sales forecasts are provided to enable efficient & cost effective business & operations planning activities.
- To play a full role in selected new product/business development/market teams, to ensure effective product launch and rapid margin generation from new product & market initiatives.
Skills, Knowledge & Aptitude
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of data-management with an analytical approach to effectively use corporate databases/sales data and reporting processes.
- Effective pricing negotiation skills to with key customers, whilst still maintaining high level of customer commitment and long-term customer relationships.
- Knowledge of margin and profit principles.
- Ability to handle sales data confidently.
- PC proficient, with effective Microsoft Office skills and the ability to operate confidently in a computerised.
- Ability to track and record successful key account management and new business development.
- Effective people-management and coaching skills.
Qualifications & Training
- A Science based degree or equivalent qualification e.g. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material Science etc.
- Significant business sales experience in an industrial environment with small/middle size, distribution industry type of customers.
- Experience of developing close working relationships with customers and the Sales Executives.