Competitive salary and company car allowance
I am currently recruiting for an Architectural Technologist on behalf of a client who specialise in new build homes. Due to an increase in developments within the North West Region they are look to expand their technical team with an Architectural technologist in both the Merseyside and Manchester offices.
As an Architectural Technologist you will be required to prepare design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD), lead the design process and coordinate design information. You will be required to meet with other professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on the projects briefs and to contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures. Your work will also include conception and technical design, development and detailing, construction technology
The successful Architectural Technologist will Identify land surveys that is required before work can commence, ensuring they're undertaken and their results are fed into the project beforehand. Liaise with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval.
My client are looking for an experienced Architectural Technician who has a great amount of experience within the new build residential sector and has been a similar role within a Technical Department of a Housebuilder or Architectural Practice. You may work alone or as part of a team, reporting into the Senior Architectural Technician. The majority of the work is office based, although site visits are commonly required. Other time away from the office may involve collecting data and attending meetings.
Key Responsibilities and skills:
- Be able to interpret and draw CAD models
- Technical Coordination of projects
- Interpret and use CAD and Revit
- Deal with site queries
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing working drawings.
- Visit sites as part of a team to inspect and discuss construction issues.
- Ensure updated drawings are issued in accordance with department procedures.
- Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
- Maintain good understanding of interior Building Regulations and construction issues.
- Leadership skills
To be considered for the role of an Architectural Technician you will need to have the following:
- Excellent IT skills
- Able to organise own workload
- 1+ years working as an Architectural Technician
- Experience within a similar role within a design team
- Good written and Communication Skills
- Full driving licence
Knowledge of Building Regulations is vital, in addition to a comprehensive understanding of construction methods and techniques. If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you require any more information please call Lauren Adamson on 0151 737 5560