My Client is a well-established regional building contractor looking to attract an experienced site based Assistant Quantity Surveyor to assist with their Northern operations. Reporting to the Senior QS you will be working on a variety of projects in the North West ranging in values between £5m - £18m.
The successful Candidate will have proven New Build/Construction experience working for a main contractor. You must have experience of cost budgeting, contract administration, sub-contract procurement and ideally be qualified to Degree level in relevant subject area however candidates who are in their final year of studies in a relevant degree would also be considered.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with monthly Valuations
- Assisting with preparing Bills of Quantities
- Carrying out Take Offs
- Monitor material and labour costs
- Communicate with project staff and sub-contractors regularly to ensure all commercial procedures in place
- Qualified to HNC in Quantity Surveying / Degree qualified in relevant area desirable.
- Previous experience working with a main contractor
The successful candidate will be proactive and work to their own initiative, working as part of a large team. This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to develop within a well-established and reputable regional contractor.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up to date CV or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more information.