Business Development Manager - Consultancy Services
My client is a dynamic and progressive research and technology company with a vast client base. The company is vigorously involved in a variety of UK and EU combined research projects, funded by both the European Commission and Innovate UK.
The forward thinking company also provides support to industry leading clients, assisting them in the identification of appropriate funding avenues, whilst also formulating and supporting applications to help them secure relevant grants for the development of new products and solutions.
Due to continued expansion, they are now looking to appoint a strategic business leader, who has experience solving complex market and business issues. As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for building and leading a proposal writing consultancy business, developing quality customer experiences, and managing the sales pipeline.
- Research, launch, and deliver strategic growth and strong profitability within the current consultancy business
- Employ, train and progress a team of subject matter experts
- Full P&L responsibility for consultancy including all aspects of pricing, winning and delivering projects
- Continually promote industry presence through attending conferences, research reports and white papersAs the "face" of the company you will have the opportunity to build credibility in and outside the organisation.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills in order to leverage research and data to maximise delivery on all consultancy projects
- Existing network of Proposal Writers would be ideal
- Vast Business Development experience within a consultancy setting
- Strong knowledge of funding calls such as Horizon 2020 and Innovate UK, and related
- P&L responsibility in a consultancy context
- Experience of winning 5-6 figure consultancy projects
- Strong proposal/bid writing and project management experience
- Organisational capabilities, with understanding of strategy tools and frameworks
- Willingness to travel
- Willing to relocate or stay in the week in Cambridge
This role would be suited to someone who has perhaps worked as an Operations, Commercial or Bid Manager for a consultancy before. Minimum 10+ years' experience in a market based consultancy.