CAD Design Engineers are urgently required to join a prestigious international company in their Bristol office. Would like to hear from Interested candidates with Solidworks and AutoCAD design and engineering experience covering nuclear, oil&gas and/ or heavy industry projects, or other highly regulated industries. Preference would be for design engineers and technicians with experience in manufacturing / fabrication.
Current projects include the Hinkley Point C Nuclear Power Station, with focus on large scale stainless steel structures, pressure vessels, tanks, piping and piping supports.
Working under the supervision of our Senior Design Engineer, the successful candidates will complete design and modelling work on a variety of projects. The role will include:
- Designing and modelling new components and assemblies
- Modifying and reverse engineering existing components
- Prepare detail drawings for manufacturing
- Prepare Bill of Materials
- Carry on site surveys, as and when required.
- Assist in specifications preparation
- Supporting our manufacturing department in manufacturing methods and processes
- The role will be working on one of the largest £ multi billion infrastructure projects, with a long term prospect to gain valuable experience and advancement for the right candidate.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- As a minimum, HND in Mechanical Engineering with CAD experience
- Courses in CAD by recognised college or organisation.
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work with a low level of supervision and intervention
- Highly organised and self-motivated with attention to details
- First Time Right" mindset and culture with methodical self-checking to produce quality work at all times.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative with a "can -do" attitude.
- Ability to take responsibility and be proactive and come up with solutions to problems.
- Results focused with the ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Logical thinking.
- Discretion, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience including some manufacturing / fabrication exposure besides Solidworks and Autocad.
- Design experience to deliver effective design solutions.
- Ability to interpret design guidelines and technical procedures.
- Good experience in modelling and preparing drawings for stainless and carbon steel structures, pressure vessels, tanks, piping and piping supports.
- Good experience in designing with mild steel and stainless steel.
- Good experience with Autocad, Autocad Plant 3D and Solidworks.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Good experience with welding methods and procedures will be advantageous.
- Good experience in 3D models and constructability reviews will be advantageous.
- Good experience with laser scanning or use of laser cloud data in models will be advantageous.
Russell Taylor is acting as an Employment Agency and has full authority to advertise this position.