Calibration Engineer - Bristol (Instrumentation)
My client is a specialist in calibration, repair, maintenance and measurement of electrical and mechanical services. This allows them to offer a one stop shop to all clients. They operate in 30 countries around the world. They are consistently growing and there is room for internal progression within the company.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Calibration Engineer to work on site in Bristol.
You will be responsible for performing calibrations across a range of on-site instrumentation and plant equipment. This includes all aspects of the process, from liaising with the customers to ensuring they receive a first-class service.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
* Instrumentation calibrations and measurements according to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications
* Maintaining relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner
* Calibration of Furnaces and Ovens to AMS2750E specifications (TUS and SAT)
* Calibration of Temperature Indicators via Electrical Simulation
* Calibration of Pressure Gauges / Transducers
* Calibration of Vacuum Systems incorating Penning & Pirani type Heads
* Calibration of Plant Welding Equipment
* Calibration of in-house equipment such as Chart Recorders and portable process calibrators
* End-toEnd Calibrations of Temperature measurement systems using dryblock Calibrator
* Assist with fault finding of Plant equipment in Breakdown situations
* Laboratory based Calibrations of Lux & UV Meters (Luminance)
* Laboratory based calibrations of Electrical type equipment - PSU's, DMM's, Frequency Counters
* Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files on the Gage Management system
* Assist in the development and Improvement of Calibration procedures
* Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the customer/Trescal facility.
* Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control.
* Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
If you have previous Calibration experience, related to some of the above products and services then this could be the role for you! Ideally you will hold a Technical Qualifications such as a Degree, HND/HNC, BTEC Level 3 or above, have excellent communications skills and be a team player.
There is a competitive salary attached to this role. Apply now for this fantastic opportunity!
Russell Taylor is acting as an Employment Agency and has full authority to advertise this position.