Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Commissioning Manager to work on a 3 year fixed term contract on a Fuel Terminal near Portsmouth. The role will focus on a multi-million pound redevelopment project that focuses on replacing fuel storage tanks whilst also installing several new control rooms. The successful candidate will ensure that the new plant is designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements.
Dealing with people, including contractors at all levels, there will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all stakeholders and in particular the Capital Projects and Engineering Teams, HSSEQ, Operations right down to Terminal Operators, the Competent Authority and Contractors.
* Work with the Project Management Procedures and workflows.
* Providing drive, leadership and guidance within the team on the commissioning/start-up process for all Capital Projects.
* Develop the commissioning strategy and procedures for new infrastructure.
* Plan and manage the programme of commissioning tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant UK / European legislation, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
* Raise violations, issues and concerns with Management and Specialist Engineers.
* Perform technical and field inspection works to determine compliance with the commissioning process.
* Ensure the Site Operating Manual, including Job Method Statements and route cards for valve configuration & sequencing are in place prior to operational start-up.
* Working with the Competency Assurance Manager to identify the requirements for Operator training, updated procedures and information required by the competency management system.
* Working with the Maintenance Manager, to ensure the future maintenance regime is transferred, ensuring that new asset data is included in the CMMS together with appropriate inspection frequencies based on OEM guidance, Statutory or Relevant Good Practice.
* Ensure relevant documentation/data/records is uploaded to the document management systems.
Responsible for leading the commissioning strategy including:
* Preparing both the 'Pre-Commissioning' and 'Commissioning' Programme
* Identify hold-points, decision to proceed points, etc
* Managing the master commissioning control sheet for all activities
* Coordinating and directing multi-discipline Commissioning teams
* Ensuring that Punch lists and commissioning control processes are in place and used
* Monitor Factory and Site acceptance testing
* Understanding potential interfaces of different packages of equipment
* Obtaining technical Data / Information from vendors and Contractors Commissioning trip and alarm testing schedules
* Flushing and cleaning of equipment
* Leak and Pressure testing
* Equipment certification
Please follow the instructions below to apply