North west- National travel required
My client is a large scale developer contractor that specialise within large scale construction projects. They deliver both build to rent and student accommodation projects in and around £100million+
Due to continued expansion, they require a Construction Director to join them. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly experienced operational manager. You will be co ordinating multiple teams around the UK.
As Construction Director you will be managing all project managers, ensuring all there site projects are running to time scales and within budgets levels set.
As an excellent man manager, you will have proven experience leading successful managers delivering design and build projects. You will come from developer or main contracting background, with experience delivering multiple projects around £20million to £30million.
- Manage/ communicate roles and responsibility for Site Teams to ensure optimum return from each member of the team.
- Ensure that all design requirements are known and that the information is available in time to achieve/better agreed programme
- Ensure contract construction programmes are available, accurate and that key dates are communicated
- Provide ongoing site support.
- Liaise with client, client representative from planning stages to handover.
- Ensure structured meetings taken place - meetings minutes and clear objectives and targets set for all employees
- Monitor and review budgets and costs including liaising with surveyor to minimise costs and maximise value
- Ensure site project retains good image and provides excellent visual impression
- Negotiate with clients to secure projects, allocate resources, manage project start-ups
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Professional Qualification and for previous management experience.
- Good knowledge of computers including Spreadsheet, Word and Astra (Power Project)
- Experience of working on high rise developments
- Construction detailing / programming experience
- Value engineering
- Required to deal with complex problems, formulate and implement new policies, deadlines, methods and procedures which would have an impact on the overall business.
- Regularly makes decisions on own initiative Uses initiative and judgement in carrying out day to day duties
- Works to fight deadlines, using own judgement to prioritise work.
- Manage own time effectively.
- Prioritise effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, delivering high quality schemes. To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 07585 967544