Russell Taylor are actively recruiting a Control Systems Engineer to work of a System Integrator in Staffordshire.
The successful candidate will design, document, develop, test and commission PLC / HMI based control systems. This will cover the complete system development lifecycle from initial design through to customer site acceptance.
This role is mainly office based however the individual may be required to travel to client premises on an occasional basis to undertake software modifications or meetings. The successful candidate will also provide support and assistance to other engineering disciplines within the design team whilst attending Design working Groups.
* Minimum of a HNC in a software related engineering discipline or equivalent experience working with software controlled systems.
* Knowledge of IE61131-3 programming languages.
* Experience of the complete software/systems design lifecycle.
* Experience of PLC programming languages.
* Knowledge of computer operating systems.
* Knowledge of network / serial communications protocols and hardware.
* Knowledge of Control & Instrumentation Engineering.
* Knowledge of process control principles.
* Knowledge of National Grid design standards.
* Knowledge of serial communications protocols and hardware.