My client is an award winning main contractor based between North Wales and Chester. They work across education, health, commercial and Industrial sectors delivering projects ranging in value from £1.5m - £12m. The majority of these projects are design and build which has lead them to require a design coordinator/ manager to join the team.
The design coordinators primary role is to liaise with client design teams with regard to quality, and to take on the leading role with the contractor design team and get involved in site-based decisions affecting specifications and build. The Design coordinator will also advise on programme, planning and sub-contractor packages with design portion of work. The role also includes:
- Reporting to the Directors
- Co-ordination of designs for construction
- Co-ordinating the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise;
- Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design;
- Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way;
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate;
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales;
- Addressing and dealing with underlying performance issues
- Ensuring the Lead Designer delivers in accordance with the project programme and the Client's requirements, as well as adhering to budgetary targets.
- Managing the Client interface with respect to contractual and technical issues
- Reviewing Designer resources and managing Designer changes
- Programme coordination between designers and the contractor
- Close liaison with Client to ensure design development issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensuring the accurate filing of project correspondence, reports and drawings, and maintaining and managing the expectations of the client
- The organisation of all project related documents
- Chasing overdue documentation
- Ensuring relevant members of the production have the necessary documents; drawings, billing etc.
- Implementation and release of design forecast to Site Manager
- Managing internal designers and external consultants (Consulting Engineers)
- Evaluation and assessment of construction plans for efficiency and value
- Control of any changes made to initial plans / drawings
The ideal candidate will have at least five years' experience working in a similar position and would have worked their way up from a trade background however those who are qualified through other experience would also be welcome applicants.
In return you will be afforded an excellent opportunity to join a well-established contractor with a fantastic working environment and an excellent reputation.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with an up to date CV or contact Aisling Ward for a confidential discussion.