Electrical design engineer
We are looking for an Electrical design engineer for a growing manufacturing company based in Liverpool.
As an Electrical Design Engineer you will work as part of a multidiscipline Engineering Department to
Design, develop and maintain craft electrical systems and/or components to required specifications. The role will involve working on products and projects from concept to completion, including implementation and testing. Frequent collaboration with the purchasing, production and design and development teams will be required to ensure smooth product development and manufacture. The role demands regular interaction with clients, suppliers and contractors. Focus will be on, safety, reliability, quality and functionality.
The Electrical Design Engineer's role is varied and requires expertise in support of the following activities:
- Production of design drawings using Solidworks 3D CAD software.
- systems design
- control panel design
- wiring harness design
- Installation drawings
- panel arrangements
- parts lists
- wiring diagrams and cable schedules
- Working to British (BS), European (EN), International (ISO) and Classification Society standards
- Generate project documentation including design calculations, test specifications and procurement information.
- Maintain project records in accordance with internal QA procedures and ISO 9001.
- Verification of other colleagues works.
- Support other in house departments including project management, procurement, mechanical engineering and sales.
- Liaise with customer's engineering representatives.
- The key accountability's for the Electrical Design Engineer are: professional engineering documentation; performance to project budgets and milestones; completion and acceptance of work to client satisfaction.
COMPETENCE, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Electrical design engineering experience within the marine or automotive industry
- CAD experience is necessary
- Experience of Solidworks would be advantageous
- However Solidworks training can be provided.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail are a necessity
- Electrical engineering degree or HND
- Full valid driving licence.