Estimator (Insulated Panels / Solar PV Systems)
£35,000 per annum + Bonuses
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join a dynamic and innovative new team within our client's Insulated Panels division.
The role will combine the Commercial Rooftop Solar PV industry with roof and cladding whilst utilising the whole range of the company's products.
The role will involve the estimation and budgeting for multiple projects from the point of initial feasibility through to successful completion on site - having overall responsibility for the estimation and viability of the projects.
The role will report directly into the Head of Operations and aligned directly with the Contracts Manager.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Production of quotes for Energy customers and the internal Commercial teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with Key Stakeholders in the supply chain.
- Co-ordinate design and pricing for deadline returns and accurate pricing for roof and PV projects - internal costings, sub-contract labour and external material requirements.
- Confirmation of all quotations issued and entered onto CRM database.
- Give feedback on customer comments on level of prices to Managers to allow us to continually monitor the competitiveness.
- Liaise closely with Area Sales Managers to discuss pricing levels on major projects received by quotations for pricing.
- Liaise with internal funding partners to align scope and project pricing.
- Keen understanding of pricing forecasting long term and the volatility of product and labour costs.
- Maintain project details on a database so that they are always up to date with the latest information.
- Ideally the person should have some experience of the industry having worked either in roofing and cladding contracting business with a main contractor or a subcontractor who has worked with the products.
- Negotiation skills to allow for value engineering of all projects to find improved cost benefit analysis of products and sub-contractors.
- The role involves considerable amount of time away from the office and the person should have good organisational skills and be able to perform effectively on a stand-alone basis. In the same way the hours of work will be dictated by the needs of the job but this could involve some element of early starts or late nights.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Building, Civil or Electrical Engineering required.
- 2-3 Years in a similar role, preferably within the roof industry or Solar PV.
- High standard of AutoCad required understanding.
- Salesforce experience is advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat and Autocad necessary.
- Be highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on own initiative, be highly motived, goal driven with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ideally previous experience of working in a fast-paced Customer Service/Order Processing type role.
- Understanding of CDM2015 and high level of technical experience.
- Excellent numeracy skills with an ability to understand technical drawings.
- Ability to assess CAD Drawings and ability to process bespoke Fabrications on Façade Projects.
- Experience of working in construction or similar based industry.
- Understanding of Costing process.
- Ability to produce BOM configurations for order processing.
Your Contractual Benefits
- Full Onsite Facilities
- Career progression and development
- Working hours Monday to Thursday 8.15am - 5pm (Friday 4.15pm finish)
- 24 Days annual leave + Bank Holiday
- Competitive pension contributions
Please click on the link to apply ensuring your CV and contact details are thoroughly up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant