- Compile and maintain a document / material / equipment inventory and status information to expedite movement of document / material / equipment between departments, the supply chain and the client according to predetermined production schedules, contracts and order priorities stipulated within the construction programme.
- Liaise with suppliers to determine the type and quantity of information, documents, materials, and equipment required and order priority in order to ensure all information, documents, materials, and equipment is provided to the company, and subsequently the client, within the time periods required
- Confer with project management teams to determine information, documents, materials, and equipment required and to inform them of the status of each.
- Organise and liaise with transport companies to ensure timely delivery of material to company and to site / storage. Liaise with client's Expeditor to ensure all deliveries to site are scheduled in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Ensure distribution of materials to specified locations.
- Electronically record and maintain perpetual inventory of quantity and type of information, documents, materials, and equipment received, stocked, and distributed - including a document, material and equipment tracking database.
- Examine information, documents, materials, and equipment received and check discrepancies and to ensure the level of quality and quantity, and to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Maintain close liaison with supply chain and Company production department to ensure accurate and on time delivery of goods to appropriate locations.
- Proactive problem solving to ensure target times are met.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding of logistics management
- Knowledge of project management methodology
- Background in procurement
- Good understanding of contract / construction programmes and the implications of not meeting dates within the programme
- Competent with basic computer software (i.e. Microsoft Word / Excel
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
- Bachelor's degree in related subject
- Previous experience of Expediting on a nuclear project (preferably Sellafield)