Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems in to the construction industry. They already have an established portfolio in facades, they are broadening their product range, expanding the facades and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division.
Our client is therefore investing in a new management structure and the company are now looking for an Facades Design Engineer who is looking to step into a management role, to join them. Someone who is able to provide a high level of technical service to customers, specifiers, architects and engineers in the UK and who can provide technical support to their offices around the world on UK manufactured products.
The role is predominantly office based but there may be a need for a day a week visiting clients etc.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand new team, utilise all of your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
Facades Design Engineer (Construction Manufacturing)
Your New Role
- Manage a small Technical Department to provide a high level of technical service to Customers, Specifiers, Architects, Engineers, in the UK and provide technical support to offices around the world on UK manufactured products.
- Knowledge of building physics with emphasis on thermal, moisture control and acoustics. Undertaking condensation risk analysis, overall U value calculations, acoustic predictions for varying build-ups using be-spoke software programmes.
- Structural knowledge relating to composite panels, rainscreen facades and their attachment. Calculation of wind-loads, to establish span capabilities of cladding and rainscreen systems and associated fastener requirements to BS EN 1991-1-4:2005.
- Calculation of snow loading/drifting on roofs to BS 6399 Part 3:1988.
- Experience in composite panel and rainscreen design.
- Produce both standard and project specific 2d interface details in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of European standards for cladding.
- Calculations to establish gutter sizing and number of outlets/downpipes required to BS EN 12056-3.
- Knowledge of fire testing and approval relating to Loss Prevention Certification Board, Factory Mutual, and UK/ European fire test methods.
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations with a focus on Part B, Part L, section 2 and section 6.
- Knowledge of weather test methods, including CWCT.
- Produce standard and project specific NBS format specifications and specification support to internal sales/specification Managers and direct to Specifiers/Architects.
- Have the ability to break down a problem and generate a solution.
Our client is highly competitive in salary and packages in order to secure the right person within their business to ensure their customers and clients experience the best possible service.
More details will be available; initially:
- 25 days holiday plus BHs
- Flexible working hours
- Annual bonus
- Fantastic onsite facilities
- Close to local amenities
- Onsite secure parking
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all your contact information is correct and that your CV is fully up to date
Manufacturing Divisional Manager