Factory Engineering Manager
Days Based Role (Monday to Friday) Adhoc weekend cover
We are working with a fantastic client who are undergoing an extensive period of growth and site development and are looking to expand and develop their Engineering team.
The Factory Engineering Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager and will play an important part of supporting the smooth running of the department and implementing key KPI's performance targets. Alongside provide strategic and practical management support in the development and maintenance of engineering systems.
Key Factory Engineering Manager responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all plant equipment is fully maintained, is in optimum condition, and will run efficiently to ensure company production requirements are met
- Developing training methods, plans, and maintaining equipment knowledge and standards within the Factory
- Ensuring the Engineering management motivate and organise their teams to provide the best support to the Production teams on daily basis
- Ensuring a complete Preventative Maintenance system for all manufacturing and service equipment is in place and managed weekly
- Planning and controlling all overhauls of plant and services
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture by promoting and managing technical and equipment development at all levels in the Factory
- Maintaining HACCP within the business and ensure employees conform to specified procedures and standards
- Deputising for the Manufacturing Manager in their absence
- Effectively managing the Engineering department
The preferred candidate will have a Full indentured apprenticeship and preferably HNC/D qualified engineer with minimum of five years engineering management experience in a food manufacturing process environment.
Working knowledge and understanding of SAP, with proven people management skills with experience in leading Continuous Improvement projects.
Competitive Salary with Annual Bonus plus Healthcare and pension.
Apply Via CV Submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741260386 to discuss further