Here at Russell Taylor, we are looking for a field service engineer to join a world leader in the design and manufacture of refuse collection vehicles. They supply the highest quality products that meet the highest expectations in terms of performance, cost, and delivery.
Key skills needed for role
* Proven diagnostic skills
* Understanding of electronics
* Able to read wiring diagrams
* Able to read hydraulics diagrams
* Basic IT skills
* Basic administration skills
* Good communication skills
Desired Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Field Service Engineer in a customer facing role. Have supervisory role experience and have Proven knowledge of existing customer base and vehicles.
The successful candidate will have to hold a clean current PLG and HGV licence.
Individual Job Purpose (including key role responsibilities)
To carry out servicing and repair to a range of chassis and vehicle mounted municipal equipment at both customer premises and within Company workshops.
* You will be repairing & servicing HGVs and associated mounted municipal equipment
* You will work to the highest Quality & give the ultimate level of customer satisfaction
To carry out repairs & servicing to HGVs and associated mounted municipal equipment
* Diagnosis of faults on chassis and mounted equipment
* Repair and servicing to a high standard
* Preparation of vehicles for MOT inspection
* Compliance with DOT specifications when appropriate
* Fault diagnosis through computer aided software
* Ensure jobs are completed to company standards and instructions
* You will be working at customer and company premises as well as in other areas
* Use of PDA software for immediate logging of all work completed including signing in and out at the end of the working day
* Attend at planned and variable times and arrive punctually to promised company and customer commitments
* Working overtime at short notice and travelling long distances as and when required
* Working with minimum amount of supervision especially at customer premises
* Maintain good housekeeping practices at customer premises and in DE workshops
* Completion of work in a timely and efficient manor
* Ensure that any additional required work is logged, and authorisation obtained from Supervisor to proceed
* For chargeable work ensure completion to Company quotes or refer to Supervisor for advice
* Attend product training in all related subjects to enhance skills and knowledge as required
* Willing and able to travel extensively within the UK.
* Willing and able to work overtime at short notice.