Role: Food Microbiology Technician/Analyst
Salary: Depending on experience
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Biological Science Graduate/Analyst to join a rapidly expanding international testing company at a brand new site which presents brilliant career progression prospects
- Providing efficient and timely analysis in the path laboratory.
- Performing, when required, the preparation and analysis of food, water and swab samples as instructed by the Microbiology Laboratory Manager or a senior member of the Microbiology Laboratory staff.
- Maintaining and improving the quality of the laboratory.
- Performing efficient and timely analysis in the plate reading and path lab areas of the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Performing quality checks for routine analysis and for the approval of laboratory results.
- To be familiar with all aspects of the Quality Manual and to comply at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents, which are referred to within the manual in order to comply with the UKAS/ISO Accreditation Standard.
- Ensuring that all equipment and instrumentation is in good working order and that all relevant certification and records are kept up-to-date.
- Preparing samples for laboratory testing.
- Performing analysis of microbiology samples.
- Preparing microbiological media for the testing of laboratory samples, and to provide to the Logistics Department for client sampling.
- Ensuring the general maintenance of the Laboratory and common areas of the building, including cleaning and maintaining the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Supporting the department in administrative duties, such as sample registration and sample disposal.
- Ensuring that all work areas are kept clean and tidy and laboratory consumables are maintained at the designated stock levels.
- Ensuring own training records are kept up-to-date.
- Obtaining details of any desired training course, and to speak to a Supervisor. Only training courses relevant to the role will be considered.
- If asked to carry out a training session with a junior member of staff, to ensure that training is carried-out under the direction of the Quality Manual, and an approved trainer in the Microbiology Department.
- Must have a degree which incorporates Microbiology
- We are also looking for experienced QC / Microbiology Analysts too