CONTRACTS MANAGER, REACTIVE MAINTAINANCE - EAST LONDON - £55,000 - £60,000 + BENEFITS
Our client is an established main contractor who specialise in construction and social housing maintenance for their clients across the UK.
Our client now requires a Contracts Manager to join their busy and dynamic team in East London to work on a Reactive Maintenance Contract overseeing £15m-£20m per year.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the duties of Contracts Manager will include;
- To monitor, maintain, update and report on the finances of the project.
- Financial forecasting
- To mentor Commercial/Finance staff
- To assist Line Manager to achieve the contracts and client KPI`s and P&L profitability.
- To maintain a customer focus ethos
- To manage Commercial issues within the branch with the Line Manager
- To competitively price tenders for clients as required ensuring good profit margins.
- Managing the Valuation process through to Final Account agreement.
- Recruitment as required of other commercial staff and subsequent management of those individuals.
- Preparation of internal valuations and costs reports including ensuring reporting systems are up to date.
- Liaison with site personnel and client representatives.
- Manage the branch fleet.
- Negotiating terms, checking and monitoring of subcontractor accounts
- General financial and commercial support to the branch
- Financial forecasting and preparation of cost plans.
- To comply with Company rules and Procedures.
- To follow the Company`s Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the post.
- To follow the Departmental Safety Policy, particularly with regard to the agreed Codes of Practice and Safe Systems of Work.
- Oversee preparation of budgets, AMP`s and Ad-hoc requests from the client, or clients consultant auditors.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Company from time to time, if these duties are of a greater level of responsibility or skill that those required in the post, then full training and appropriate supervision will be provided.
In order to be successful for this role you will have a solid background in social housing R&M and Voids, with a proven track record of building both internal and external relationships. You must possess strong communication skills with a high level of commercial acumen.