Head of Operations - Pharmaceutical
This organisation is a leading pharmaceutical company who are engaged in the development, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of generic medicines, as well as formulation brands. They have state of the art manufacturing facilities in their UK Branches.
They are now in need of a Head of Operations to work and overlook operations of their subsidiary in Friedrichsdorf, Germany.
Salary Range: € 90,000
* Responsible for providing dynamic leadership to the company, in alignment with the vision and aspirations.
* To take the lead in the management and coordination of the functional department heads, ensuring coordinated and effective operations.
* To set challenging targets for operations, GMP, quality and compliance and health and safety. To track operational, GMP, quality and compliance, and health and safety performance in a constructive manner that drives long-term improvement, robustness, compliance and capability.
* To facilitate growth in capability and capacity, to build for the future
* Optimize the overall supply performance of the company
* Ensure rapid and effective resolution of supply issues across the customer BUs
* Ensure effective preparation of operating budgets to achieve savings targets and meet overall financial commitments
* Ensure sharing of best practices across sites, especially within the technical network operations
* Engage tactically with sites on supply issues
* Ensure continued technical knowledge development and sharing across sites
* Establish operational excellence and performance goals for all sites
* Support any due diligence and companywide strategies with resources, as appropriate
People and Team Leadership activities
* Develop strong leadership teams; encourage and support the professional development of the senior team
* Instill a culture of ownership, leadership and management excellence, strong talent management and sharp focus on people throughout the network
* Ensure sites work closely with their counterparts in Quality, Global Supply Chain, Technology and Engineering and other Functions to deliver fundamental value proposition
Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering, pharmacy, microbiology, or a related technical discipline. Master's degree preferred
* At least 15 years of pharmaceutical operations experience including leadership of a manufacturing site or group of sites preferred.
* Strong organizational and planning skills, as well as a high energy level and initiative.
* Demonstrated success growing leaders, building strong teams, and creating a true ownership culture through strong leadership by example
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, especially in the context of a team of Site Leaders.
* Demonstrated aptitude and attitude to get immersed in the resolution of technical challenges and technical advancements.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and achieve significant, complex goals and objectives.
* Strong understanding and leadership of sites from an operational perspective
* Strong understanding of the commercial business; demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with senior commercial leaders and deliver on commitments
* Demonstrated ability to lead transformational change
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively across cultures and to connect and engage with colleagues at all levels of the organization including the shop floor
* Deep knowledge of site operational activities and budget management
* Demonstrated ability to operate in a transparent manner and effectively influence senior commercial and operations leaders
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions quickly; shift direction with just enough information; and operate effectively in gray areas
* Demonstrated change agility to successfully manage a high degree of complexity and multiple priorities
* Strong strategic thinking; problem solving; written, verbal, and presentation skills
Approach / Mindset
* Able to lead directly-managed as well as dotted-line colleagues and activities
Influences across functional lines to meet objectives