As a worldwide specialist in calibration and asset management services. Established 20 years ago, they have grown massively covering a total of 26 countries worldwide.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Supervising Officer to join our team in Derby.
*The role would also involve working 10% of the time at 2 further sites in Bristol & Lancashire (all expenses and hotel covered)* Will need to have own vehicle
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Health and Safety Supervising Officer, you will be the Contractor Supervision across multiple technical departments on multiple customer sites. To be responsible for HSE compliance to national and customer standards and to ensure all work is completed to the customer's satisfaction and accurate work records are maintained. You will also be responsible for:
- Provide HSE adherence at all levels of the business.
- Providing strong leadership and communication skills to promote a positive work environment, professional customer service and a culture of positive change.
- Review operational and HSE documentation of sub-contractor wishing to attend customer sites.
- Review, revise and authorise RAMS to cover planned calibration work on customer sites.
- Liaise with customer to develop effective working relationships.
- Assists with the scheduling of contractor visits to customer sites and liaise with customer staff to ensure planned work visits are convenient and effective.
- Complete contractor performance reviews on a timely basis and establish development plans as required.
- Communicate regularly with sub-contractors and customers to maintain a good communication loop.
- Provide Key Performance Indicator reports to drive continuous improvement.
- Help develop and implement process improvement plans, improving efficiencies in all areas whilst reducing costs.
- Be part of the steering group to escalate Derby Pride Park to the No1 Trescal lab.
Our ideal Health and Safety Supervising Officer:
- IOSH or NEBOSH Certified
- Management qualification or engineering experience essential (Degree, HND, HNC)
- Project Management / Process development experience.
- Customer/Stakeholder facing experience.
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, responsive, detail oriented and possess a good work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written.
Joining our team as a Health and Safety Supervising Officer, you will be offered a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and added perks
Every employee is seen as the entrepreneur of their job and their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group's identity. We offer various development programmes which are ILM accredited