Job Title –IT Support Apprentice
Head Office - Marwood Building, Riverside Park, Bromborough, CH62 3QX
Reporting to – Ciaran Campbell (IT Systems Manager)
An exciting opportunity as an IT Support Apprentice has become available within the Russell Taylor Group. We are a well-established recruitment company looking to expand our existing administration team.Reporting to the Group Information Systems Manager, the role is to provide technical support and outstanding customer service in line with the business’ key infrastructure strategy and Russell Taylor Group’s mission statement.
Key duties will include:
- Working within the IT and information Systems team you will be responsible for receiving calls and emails from internal staff and ensuring that these are logged accurately.
- To provide 1st line support for service requests and incidents.
- To fix as many 1st line support issues as possible first time while the customer is one the phone or on receipt of email.
- To translate complex IT concepts and ideas provided by senior IT and IS staff to staff members who may have limited technical understanding.
- Providing deskside support where required across the Russell Taylor Group.
- General maintenance of IT Systems.
- MS Windows software maintenance.
- Servicing and rebuilding of PC’s.
- Ensure all software installed on the system is correctly licensed and used accordingly.
- Maintaining a reliable inventory of all hardware and software in place across the group.
- Maintaining the security and integrity of all files stored on the system.
- Think creatively when solving problems.
- Show independent and willingness to learn new skills.
- Perform other technical related tasks as may be required by the company.
- Good hardware knowledge (server, laptop, desktop and printers)
- Good software knowledge (Microsoft)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Cabling knowledge (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office/ IIS/ SQL/ Cisco
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Well presented
- Punctual/ good time keeping
Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English and ICT (or equivalents)/ A Level ICT/ BTEC Level 3 ICT.
Hours of work:
Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5.30pm
Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com