Mechanical Project Manager
Permanent - competitive salary + package
Scotland and North of England#
My client are a Global leading Facility Management Company that is well established in the market place. Due to an increase in recent contracts my client are looking to strengthen their North of Scotland Management Team with an accomplished Mechanical Project Manager to drive continued expansion within the region.
My client are looking for someone who is confident in managing and leading projects in the mechanical sector. The project manager should ideally have a minimum of 4 to 5 years' experience in the process, ensuring the relevant resources are managed to achieve required deliverables programme.
The successful Mechanical Project Manager will be working closely with clients, FM Operations team and support functions where they are required to ensure that each project is delivered in accordance with the Project Plan - safely on time, to the required quality standard and within budget.
- Setting up strategic planning controls covering the full scope of works for all disciplines including the procurement programme, technical proposals, construction method appraisal, value enhancement and risk analysis controls, tender event schedules, design management strategy, project planning and Project Management systems.
- Ensuring that all employees have the appropriate skills, knowledge, experience training and qualifications to fulfil their role.
- Managing the performance of all direct reports on both a formal and informal basis including employee engagement, motivation, performance and absence management.
- Monitoring and reviewing project requirements/achievements, Identifying issues which may impact on project delivery and escalating these where necessary
- The Mechanical project manager should either have; 3-5 years Project Management experience with a proven background in mechanical contracting. Or 3- 5 years Contract Management experience in mechanical R&M or small works including managing an operational site based or mobile team.
- Educated to minimum of HND level in a mechanical discipline or an NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 or City & Guilds in Heating or Mechanical engineering qualification with 3-5 years post management experience.
- Mechanical background with relevant technical board of trade certificate of competency
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and written report writing.
- Disclosure Scotland Clearance.
- Good PC skills, including advanced Excel, Asta Power Project or MS Project programming skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Gas safety/ Registration certificate
This position will be base in our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices however the role holder will be required to travel to other offices and client sites on a regular basis
If this sounds like the development opportunity you are looking for, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 0151 737 5560.