Network Solutions Engineer
Russell Taylor are recruiting for a new opportunity for a Network Solutions Engineer to provide the highest level of technical support for security related issues. We are looking for an individual with the vision and expertise to deliver end to end solutions on a wide scale covering all aspects of networking.
The role will support the design and implementation of security solutions for Industrial Control Networks. The Network Security Engineer will have responsibility for the solution architecture and advanced software solutions.
* In depth knowledge of networking devices such as Firewalls, Proxy servers, Routers, Switches, TAPs etc.
* Solid understanding of industrial cyber security (principles and practice)
* Good understanding of network cabling e.g. copper, fibre and their characteristics. Working knowledge of network transport specifications including Ethernet and ISA 100 wireless
* Proficient in CISCO LAN/WAN and wireless equipment
* Hold or be working towards CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or similar Network/Security certification
* Excellent troubleshooting skills across multiple IT disciplines
* Strong prioritisation and organisation skills with the ability to handle confidential information
* Understanding of ISO 9001 and Health and Safety at Work Act
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst an effective team player as part of a structured team
* Confident communicator with a professional manner, and the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
* A positive self-starter with drive to achieve results in a friendly manner, but at the same time maintain quality and standards
* Willing to learn and expand skills knowledge including Web and SQL technologies
* Full UK driving licence
Ideal but not essential:
* Knowledge of industrial networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, Modbus, OPC, Fieldbus, etc.
* Cloud based (AW/Azure) application delivery
* Good understanding of industrial cyber security concepts including defence in depth, endpoint hardening, encryption, hashing, authentication and network segmentation
* Experience in a similar role within the Industrial Automation / petrochemical environment
* Knowledge and experience with industrial control systems
* Experience with SQL and VBScript
* Exposure to web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc.)