NPD/Technical Manager Role - Formulation - FMCG
Hours: 8.00am-17.00 Monday -Thursday, 8:00 - 13.00 Friday
Salary: Upto £45,000 (dependant on experience)
Our Client, a leading ingredients/FMCG healthcare company are looking to recruit for an experienced Formulation/NPD Scientist, to manage a small team of Chemists and to lead formulation and NPD expertise.
- Develop and oversee the developments of new products from concept to manufacture for cosmetic and household products.
- Compile & arrange for safety assessment to be carried out for cosmetic products.
- Upload information required for Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP)
- Help assist customers for setting up their account on the CPNP and what information is required
- Review claims and provide INCI / ingredient/ labelling requirement list for all products
- Carry out CLP calculation and determine appropriate hazard classification relevant products (e.g. household products)
- Sign off artwork
- Provide technical support to blending.
- Provide QA/ analytical support to blending and production
- Amend and document changes to batch sheets. Generate batch sheets for new products
- Ensure traceability of lab work
- Ensure the traceability of raw materials used in production
- Manage the day to day work load of Assistant Chemist
- Generate MSDS for all products in accordance to regulations/ directive
- Provide or arrange documentation required for exporting products overseas
- Ensure the legality of the product for appropriate markets
- Order lab consumable items for both QC and lab
- Provide technical support e.g. provide information to waste management/ water usage to United Utilities/ relevant tax code for exporting products
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Scientific discipline
- Will have significant formulation experience within a relevant household or personal care industry ONLY.
- Will be able to produce formulation calculations manually (CLP, MSDS, CPNP) and must have BCT knowledge
- Strong understanding in Biocidal Product Regulation( BPR) - what requirement is needed and when