Role: - NPD Technician (food/drink)
Location: - Manchester
Salary: - £26-30,000 p/a
Hours: - 08:30-16:45- Monday to Friday
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an NPD Technician within the food/Drink industry to join our clients growing drink supplier business. The role will involve working on fluid development projects and innovation. You will be required to provide technical support and will have the opportunity to be involved with development of new exhilarating products.
- Development of new liquids and working closely with the flavour houses to meet the brief.
- Making up samples for commercial / marketing / customers
- Ensure all ingredients are approved according to the correct method.
- Producing and overseeing the provision of documentation associated with Product Development to the relevant departments.
- Incorporating ingredient information from the development area into the company's systems.
- Required to work closely with various departments including QA & Production to ensure the smooth transition of liquid projects from Product Development right through to Production.
- Support the NPD Manager (cost saving / optimisation projects).
- Organising shelf life and sensory trials
- Assisting, but also creating Risk Assessments & Procedures for the laboratory methods.
- BSc Food Science/Nutrition related degree
- 1-2 years' experience with NPD (ideally food or drink industry)
- Good at problem solving,
- Good administration, good analytical skills and attention to details are essential
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to maintain a high level of discipline with the daily adherence to product quality
- Computer literate (Microsoft office packages) and experience of SAP