Here at Russell Taylor, we have a great opportunity for a Planner to join our client's project in the Southwest where they are a delivery partner on a key infrastructure project.
The successful candidate will support Project Managers in the delivery of projects by delivering a high-level planning service for the preparation of project plans, producing baseline scheduled tasks, resource profiles and financial models.
Principal tasks and responsibilities to include:
* Prepare robust tender and contract programmes using the designated planning tool
* Fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to project team
* Include appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team
* Display and analyse the project Critical Path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action
* Produce/maintain project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate
* Correctly record project progress in the programme, reschedule programme to take effect of the progress data and communicate the results to the project team and advise of any appropriate corrective action
* Produce project reports/data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software
* Understand and report on project using Earned Value Analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team
* Produce programmes that satisfy contractual requirements
* All programmes and documentation to be produced to company practices and procedures
* Minimum 5 years planning experience in a project-based engineering environment using Primavera planning software. Project planning and change management for small/medium sized projects.
* Worked with Project Managers to deliver successfully packages of work on major multi-disciplined projects.