Polymer Engineer, Science
Salary: £25,000, company bonus included, pension, parking onsite etc.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:15- 17:00, Friday 8:15- 16:00
Our Client, a major manufacturing company whose product and logo is well known across the UK- is growing and looking for a Polymer Engineer who will work cross functionally with QC, Development Chemists and Manufacturing. The successful candidate will be provided with second to none training, a rewarding package and given the autonomy to grow in this position. The site is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and it is a really good time to be joining this company who have continued to grow throughout the pandemic.
They are looking for someone to work with the existing team of laboratory technicians and polymer engineers to help them with their cycle of continuous process improvements.
The role requires someone with an understanding of scientific methods to observe and gather data from their production processes. To analyse the information and formulate clear and concise plans for improvements to their processes.
- Signing off quality inspection samples
- Reporting of engineering and quality issues
- Investigating warranties
- Monitoring of process control systems
- Calculating process settings
- Problem identification and solving
- Attending production, quality and departmental meetings
- Preparing monthly output reports
- Assisting with external audits
- Calibration of testing equipment and sensors
- Will hold a Degree in a Science or Engineering related field (Chemical Engineer, Chemistry etc)
- It is essential that this person has strong interpersonally; they need someone who will question and hold their own in stakeholder meetings (making improvements, stopping production if needed)- training will of course be provided but the person will have resilience and someone who is typically introverted will not succeed in this position.
- Solid problem-solving skills, someone who will recognise and act on issues.
- The person will have worked in a fast paced (ideally GMP/ or similar) setting - and used to the high demands of manufacturing.
- The ideal Candidate will have all of the above alongside any voluntary and/or leadership experience within the wider community (could be sports, scouts, coaching etc).