Production Supervisor - Pharmaceutical /Specials
Salary: £25,000, plus pension etc.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday from 11.00 am - 8:00 pm with 1 hour's lunch
Reporting to: Production Manager
Our Client, an ever growing Pharmaceutical Specials manufacturer are looking to recruit for an experienced Production Supervisor. The successful Candidate will play a vital role in the development of staff and have the chance to work at their brand new site; during a time where the company are experiencing significant growth.
Supervising 12 technicians by:
- Planning and coordinating work for all Production Technicians on a daily and weekly basis, this requires balancing the bespoke, bulk and sale from stock orders as well as and stock manufacturing and trials.
- Planning bulk productions against current staffing levels and communicate with customer service lead time which must then be adhered to.
- Managing the relationship between production department and sales.
- Constantly monitoring stock levels, planning in time for production of stock to ensure a high proportion of all orders are filled with pre-manufactured stock.
- Organises production to ensure that all staff take lunch at a time that will achieve the maximum work efficiency according to the current company needs.
- Communicates with purchasing department to order consumables and small equipment purchases as well as any raw materials that have been identified as being low, chasing as required.
- Communicate with the formulation department to request the creation of formulations for orders, chasing the status as required; to ensure that the formulation is ready in sufficient time to manufacture.
- Liaising with the Production Manager to improve Laboratory efficiency
- Completing validation work in conjunction with the QA department for the commissioning of new equipment or implementation of manufacturing methods and practices.
- Prepares and conducts trials for new formulations as directed by the Production Manager or quality personnel.
- Provides cover for the Batch Card Technician, this will require the checking of orders and production of batch cards and labels. In very busy times the Batch Card Technician may require support with these duties to keep up with demand.
- Monitoring staffing levels against orders and communicate with the Production Manager if demand requires additional staffing.
- Conducts in process checks of production, ensuring clearance, approval etc. are completed according to GMP rules.
- Ensures that all staff have a training plan in in place and that each Technician is working towards the next Technician level
- Ensures that all activities are conducted according to HSE requirements, completing risk assessment for new equipment or identified hazards, and implementing any points raise in a HSE inspection
- Maintaining the laboratory to a standard of constant inspection readiness, in the event of a GMP inspection highlighting areas of improvement, work to correct this issue, must be organised. * Produces and updates the staff rota for laboratory tasks.
- Ensures that all the raw materials are kept in accordance with required storage conditions (fridge lines, flammables etc.).
- Conducts on-time reporting on the team performance
- Conducts an annual appraisal for all Production staff.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant scientific discipline; or have significant 'Specials' / Pharmaceutical Supervisory experience in a GMP based site.
- Will ideally have Specials/ unlicensed medicines experience in this type of role
- Good management and leadership skills matrix
- Strong interpersonal skills required for communication between the various departments and good delegation skills for production staff
- Will be target driven and able to work in a fast paced environment; whilst able to troubleshoot and calibrate equipment.