Production Technician, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Hours: 9:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday (37.5 hours)
Salary: £17, 374.5 to £19,5000 per annum (depending on experience)
Our Client, a Pharmaceutical company are looking to recruit for 4 production operatives to work at their manufacturing facility in Bolton.
- Involved with the day to day running of production unit in line with Good Manufacturing Practice.
- To be trained to carry out a comprehensive range of activities in the unit under the guidance, supervision of Trained member of staffs.
- Work both accurately and effectively and develop a conscientious attitude in order to provide an effective service which meets all Quality Assurance criteria.
- Develop competence, skill, and knowledge by undertaking a training programme to become a Production Technician.
- To protect the safety of patients, the strict adherence of written procedures and compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Ensure concentration is maintained and follow all written instructions during manufacturing processes in order to provide a quality product
- Demonstrate competency in all production tasks required to be carried out in production unit.
- Support in validation of production processes and appropriate qualification of equipment.
- To be familiar with and follow health and safety policy and procedures and to be aware of individual responsibilities under legislation, drawing any areas of potential risk to the attention of managers.
- Thorough cleaning of all work areas and all processing equipment
- To measure, compound and process manufacture of pharmaceutical products
- To Liaise with Production management for stock management of materials and support in warehouse related activities.
- Support in completion of QMS activities
- To ensure all documentation is completed neatly and accurately.
- To use pharmaceutical processing equipment namely, mixers, homogenizers, capsule machines, safety cabinets and electronic weighing scales.
- To report any incidents to Production Manager.
- Packaging & labelling of medicines as per requirements.
- To carry out the daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks in addition to other tasks which may be required by the production manager.
- To participate in any training schemes currently in operation in the department, coupled with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- To participate in formal systems that monitor performance, assess competency and identify potential for development, working towards agreed objectives to maintain and continuously develop performance.
- To be able to work wearing cleanroom gowning and safety equipment.
- To undertake any task required by your Line Manager, and for which you have received full training.
- Will hold GCSE results - C/4 and above in Maths/ English or significant production experience working to GMP / BRC regs.
- The ideal candidate will have worked to GMP/ BRC standards in a production setting.
- IT literate.
- Strong interpersonal skills.