PROJECT BUYER ( Construction / Manufacturing )
REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT MANAGER
SALARY £30,000 per annum
ST HELENS BASED (WFH IS FLEXIBLE)
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems into the construction industry.
They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades they are looking to broaden their product range, expanding further with facades, and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board, new management and are now looking for a Project Designer to join their rapidly expanding business.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand-new team, utilise all your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
The Project Buyer will report into the Assistant Procurement Manager and will actively support and ensure the efficient running of the Procurement Department.
As a Project Buyer you will need to be able to negotiate with new suppliers, assist in the reduction of quantity of suppliers.
This role will require constant liaison with project managers and designers as your internal customer base as well as our Vendor base across many projects with complete ownership of these projects.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSABILITIES
* Responsible for procuring project materials within the budget and project timescale
* Negotiation of new supplier agreements
* To ensure all design sheets are placed in a timely manner with the right vendor at a competitive price.
* Vendor reduction programme
* Responsible for raising purchase orders
* Highlight any design changes and ensure they are re-costed appropriately.
* Liaison with project manager and designers, as required
* The ability to interpret a technical drawing, understand the requirements and then work with our supplier to source the required parts or materials
* An understanding of end to end supplier management processes
* Maintaining the Supplier database/information and managing communication and receipt of terms and conditions supplier PQQs, Bribery policy letters and preapproval questionnaires
* Basic Inventory and Logistics management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Ideally a degree or equivalent, related discipline or CIPS in Procurement.
* Relevant experience of working in Construction industry in a similar role, with experience of extrusions or metal products.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Close attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proven track record in working in a team and across multiple disciplines.
* Appreciation of business demands and working to deadlines.
* Generalist experience in supply chain
* Inventory management experience
* Direct or indirect experience across all commodities within a business, with a proven track record of savings against these commodities
25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
8:30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
8:30am - 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch
(WFH IS FLEXIBLE)
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all your contact information is up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant