Project Control Manager - Cumbria - Nuclear
My client is recruiting for experienced Project Managers for its Nuclear team in Cumbria to work on a range of exciting projects across the Nuclear sector.. Ideal candidates will be degree educated with a BSc Project Management, construction or other related qualification.
• Day-to-day management of Project Controls team
• Oversight and technical support to other project control teams across multiple projects
• Regular interactions with client on schedule and cost progress.
• Management of the project work breakdown structure and the Primavera plan.
• Management of the cost breakdown structure and cost monitoring on the project
• Responsible for the Project Summary Reports (PSR) on behalf of the PM
• Oversight of change control rules and ensuring compliance
• Management, presentation and reporting of Earned Value
• Maintenance of project risk log and calculating project contingency fund requirements;
• Procedures for monitoring and reporting on project;
• Accountable to PM for quality of reporting information;
• Ensuring compliance with procedures for bidding;
• Challenging cost, time and resource (CTR) estimates in bids;
• Accountable for ensuring all bids issued are developed consistently with project schedule and resource plan;
• Monitoring and reporting of project key performance indicators;
• Carry out schedule and cost risk analysis as and when required and advise action plan to mitigate the delays, if any.
• Managing the interface with the F+G Project Finance team and ensuring billing meets contract and client requirements;
• Management and update of Project Management Plan;
• Being the first point of escalation in the project on all cost and schedule challenges.
• Develop systems and procedures for Project control functions at the onset of the project or when there are additional requirements from the client
• Understanding of the fundamentals of project scheduling in a professional scheduling tool (MS Project & Primavera 6)
• Understand the inter-relationship between the time, cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
• Prior experience of interacting with a client on schedule and cost aspects of a project.
• Good working knowledge and demonstrated application of Earned Value Management technique
• Use of an Industry recognised software tool that manages costs on major projects
• Track record of dashboard reporting, use of key indicators, forecasting and regular schedule/cost update
• Good understanding of project risk management techniques and working knowledge of the management/mitigation of project cost and schedule risk
Required Knowledge and Attributes
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field, or suitable experience in place of a degree.
• High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent MS Office skills, well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Exhibits a strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects.
• The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.
• Proficient in the interpretation of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
• Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
• Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
• Excellent communication and presentational skills.
• Able to use initiative.