Project Designer (Construction & Engineering Manufacturing)
Remote Working position (WFH)
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems in to the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades however at such an exciting time they are now relocating their whole team to St Helens (Merseyside) where they already have an established 'roofing' business, they are broadening their product range, expanding the facades and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings, they have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board, new management and are now looking for an Project Designer to join this rapidly expanding business.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand new team, utilise all of your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
Main Function of Job
* Develop a working design for projects with full consideration for CDM regulations. Work with clients to obtain necessary approvals in a timely manner.
* Generate production and fitting instructions.
* Liaise with contractors and architects to develop the best solution with full consideration for Health and Safety.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
* Liaise with Sales & Estimating to ensure a detailed and accurate brief is developed;
* Liase with the Structural Engineer as required to resolve design issues;
* Prepare drawings for approval and chase approvals where required;
* Highlight any issues (e.g. design changes) that may impact the programme or cost budget;
* Prepare manufacturing details, shop assembly drawings and installation drawings/instructions;
* Assist Project Managers to prepare Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Health and Safety documents, O&M manuals etc;
* Provide Project Managers with updates on design progress and schedules;
* Work with the Design Managers to manage workload and achieve design deadlines;
* Ensure the timely consideration and completion of CDM documentation;
* Attend site (where required) to brief fitters and pass on specific design information
Software and Packages You Will Be Utilising
* Autodesk suite of software (AutoCAD 3D, LT, Inventor, Revit etc)
* Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
* Bespoke Estimating software.
* Microsoft Dynamics.
* A qualification in a technical / engineering subject is preferred, but not essential if compensated by appropriate experience.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a design role within construction, preferably in the structural steel or facades sector.
* Negotiable dependent on experience - £35,000
* 25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
Hours of Work
* 8:30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
* 8:30am - 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all of your contact information is up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager