Project Designer (SFS / Construction / Manufacturing)
£ 35,000 per annum + Bonuses
We are looking for four SFS Project Designers to join our client's team due to their rapid growth and success continues.
Our client is a Globally successful construction manufacturing and construction contracting business who have recently opened their new technical office in Birmingham (B24).
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain CAD drawing system and generate drawings in AutoCAD, providing custom details.
- for project specific applications. Utilise Tekla at an intermediate level.
- Use in-house infinity software for the design of SFS.
- Interpretation of architects' and structural engineers' drawings. Incorporation of comments as required (external/ internal).
- Attend projects meetings as required internally and externally.
- Have in depth knowledge of building physics relevant to market sectors to ensure technical liaison with architects, cladding contractors, insurance companies and end users on all design and technical issues.
- Prepare construction release drawings for distributing as required.
- Carry out detailed call offs for steel components either using infinity, tekla or manually as and when required.
- Ensure that the requirements of CDM are followed.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the business.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualification in a technical subject. Recognised construction-based diploma or HNC desirable.
- Must be technically minded and/or able to communicate technical knowledge with an ability to handle data appropriate to the role.
- AutoCAD experience essential (at least 2 years).
- Tekla experience an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- High level of technical experience in the application of construction products.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines and KPI's
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an excellent telephone manner.
- Customer focused, highly motivated, goal driven with a can-do attitude.
- IT literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- Must be results driven and a very strong negotiator.
- Good time-management and prioritising skills.
- Clean, full driving license.
- Able to travel (UK).
- 'Can do' attitude, get things done, persistent and never ever gives up.
- Continually looking to develop oneself.
- Champion the customer's requirements at all times.
- Be enthusiastic, effective, passionate, and productive. Show dedication to the job at hand, and work hard to deliver it efficiently.
- Be approachable, authentic, and keeping perspective. Values genuine relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Be consistent, credible, and reliable. Have the courage to be honest.
Your Contractual Benefits
Full Onsite Facilities. Career progression and development.
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant