I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large General Build & civils contractor based in the Manchester area. They are looking to add an experienced Civils Project Manager to the team. On the civils arm of the business they have a portfolio covering Highways, structural works, deep excavation, major earthworks and Public Realm. They are looking for a project manager with a wide range of civils experience due to the diverse range of projects that they cover.
As a project manager you will be based on site and dealing directly with the client and managing the project taking a view of all commercial aspects including profits and costs and managing your onsite QS to drive this. You will have a proven track record of maximising value on previous projects and must be a strong communicator. You will be dealing with clients on a daily basis and using your influencing and negotiating skills. You will take an overview of the overall Health and safety, quality and productivity of your sites and be able to drive these initiatives. The client would also like this project manager to get involved in jobs from Tender stage, working closely with the estimators/ QS to put together a winning bid and working through this process from contract award, to site and final handover. Any experience of the preconstruction stages would be favoured.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Experience in the planning and programming of projects
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Asta/ Microsoft project/ Primavera software).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- 1st Aid
To apply for the Project Manager position please send your CV or call Aisling on 01517375560 for further information.