Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Proposals Engineer to work for an established Systems Integrator in Staffordshire.
The job holder must have a good understanding of systems integration, with high levels of technical ability and understanding of PLC, SCADA, industrial networks and control panels/MCCs in order to perform an estimating & proposals function for our Client.
The successful candidate will liaise closely with the Bid Manager, proposals team, Programme Manager, Key Account Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers, sales team and clients as necessary to effectively evaluate prioritise and deliver high quality accurate competitive proposals, liaising closely with the sales and engineering teams.
Annual proposal levels: £25M plus.
Size of projects: typically up to £4M.
Annual orders generated: typically £7.5M plus.
Location of projects: 90% UK, 10% overseas.
No. of framework agreements: typically up to 8.
* Liaise with all relevant parties, both internally and externally, in order to receive timely and accurate information/quotations as necessary for the delivery of high quality competitive proposals.
* Preparation of accurate and competitive proposal documents utilizing standard templates.
* Ensure that proposals are presented in sufficient time for review/sign off in accordance with the current authorisation levels procedures.
* Ensure that proposals are clear, unambiguous and protect the integrators commercial and contractual position.
* Carry out reviews of proposals in accordance with the current authorisation levels procedures.
* Attend project kick-off meetings as necessary to hand-over successful proposals to the assigned project execution team.
* Co-ordinate and attend site meetings as necessary to survey/review the client's requirements. Ensure that all necessary H&S requirements/processes are followed in order not to put yourself or others at risk.
* Notify senior management team of any significant commercial, technical or contractual risks associated with projects arising from specific proposals.
* Effectively co-ordinate and co-operate with staff in order to deliver the proposals function.
* Actively carry out continual improvements to affect quality and efficiency within the proposals team. Use feedback from project execution and close-out meetings to continually develop and review estimating norms.
* Assist with developing systems and standard spreadsheets which clearly capture costs and scope, which also aid input into project execution systems during the project award and kick-off phases
* Ensure that the CRM system is maintained and updated with latest knowledge (such as expected order date, competitive position etc).
HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
Job related experience
Proven track record within a proposals/applications environment in one or more of the following: Factory automation, Process automation, SCADA, PLC control systems, Electrical/control panels.
Proven track record in one or more of the following: Metals, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Power, Water, Food & beverage.
Skills and Knowledge
Technical knowledge of SCADA, PLC control systems, electrical/control panels.
Ability to relate to clients and understand their needs.
Ability to effectively work under pressure.
Able to estimate project costs.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients.
Ability to influence and negotiate effectively.