The company is an associate member of a larger organisation, which is a dynamic group of businesses engaged in the development, manufacture and distribution of chemical intermediates for Personal Care, Household Care and Industrial applications.
Job Title: QHSE Officer
Reports to: HSE Manager
Based at: Just West of Manchester
To ensure that the Top Tier COMAH site continues to be 100% legally compliant and to further develop and continually improve the operational health, safety and environmental standards across the site. This will be enabled by supporting the HSE Manager in liaison with the key regulators the HSE and the EA and ownership of the site COMAH safety report, the EPR permit and all the necessary actions associated with ensuring compliance in these key areas. Importantly the individual will establish excellent local standards and lead delivery of HSE related training, toolbox talks and delivery of the site competency system.
A confident, personable individual with experience of working in a regulated and hazardous chemical environment. The individual will need to have good interpersonal skills in order to deliver practical site level HSE developments and ongoing improvements. The individual will need to have the ability to work within, to positively influence and contribute to the site operations team.
- To ensure that the site remains on a "day to day" basis to be 100% legally compliant
- To support the site HSE Manager
- In the absence of the HSE Manager liaise directly with all stakeholders including HSE, EA, Site Team, external bodies including suppliers and customers
- Actively seek to continually improve operational site HSE standards
- To have an active and importantly a visual HSE presence on site
- To further develop and implement site SOP's in the area of HSE
- To support the organisation and delivery of emergency exercises in association with the CA and the emergency services
- To represent HSE at the daily operations meeting
- To support the key risk mitigation and control procedures of Permit to Work and Management of Change. In both cases to maintain detailed and comprehensive records
- To identify, develop and deliver in support of the HSE Manager, HSE related training and toolbox talks
- To support the HSE Manager in the delivery of a site wide competency system
- To maintain and report HSE related KPI's
- To further develop core skills, knowledge and competency in key areas (e.g. human factors)
- To support accident and incident investigations and contribute to associated reports
- To proactively take a lead in "day to day" HSE related site matters and issues
- To support both the HSE and Regulatory & Quality Manager in relevant aspects of the site quality management system
- Ideally NEBOSH (Working Safely) accredited or working towards NEBOSH Certificate / IOSH as a minimum is accpeted
- Knowledge and experience of working in a regulated and hazardous environment