We current have a very exciting opportunity with our client who is a leading experts in their industry sector and are striving to grow each year. Manufacturing high quality products to a worldwide market and remaining a good company ethos is our client's priority. In your role of quality engineer, you will be coordinating the activities required to meet the company quality standards. Working closely with the Production Team, Engineering Departments and Senior Management you will need to identify and improve quality issues, reduce expense and failed customer interactions. You will be required to utilise your experiences to investigate the root cause and implement a robust and sustainable process improvement.
The duties for your role as the Quality Engineer will be:
- You will need to ensure regular auditing are carried out internally, ensuring adherence to company standards and health & safety are compliant with business accreditations.
- You will also need to continually monitor and report internal rejections and customer complaints, then show a reaction, instigate root causes and corrective action to promote waste reduction and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all quarantine material obtains rework/ disposal status within a specified time limit, managed through the stock database.
- You must be able to develop and administer the concession system, ensuring clear controls are in place to maintain and improve on levels of customer satisfaction.
- Reviewing and setting Quality standards within the production area
- Reviewing, investigating and resolving customer complaints, visiting the customer where necessary.
- Review, update, maintain and improve the Quality documentation and Database.
- Meet the Clients Quality Objectives.
- Liaise with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers, including site visits for auditing and approval.
The Skills and attributes you require for your role are:
- The ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Able to plan and prioritise your activities.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong work ethic, be honest and have integrity
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Have previous experience of using lean tools e.g six sigma, 8d and 5 why's
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a Quality role
- Certificate/Diploma in quality management
- Knowledge of the application and development of processes to international management system standards including ISO9001: 2015
- Training/education certificates related with ISO/quality
- Use of onsite Facilities
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working time
- General annually bonus scheme
- Team building social events