Raw Materials Planner (Chemical Manufacturing) Merseyside £28,000
This is a fantastic career opportunity to join a thriving and successful chemical manufacturer based in Merseyside. They are globally renowned for their products and brand but due to a plant restructure and high investment, we need YOU for this role where your expertise as am experienced Materials Planner can be fully utilised, can help support the Customer Service Team and ensure all orders are delivered OTIF.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage MRP and planning systems such as minimum, maximum, reorder quantity.
- Manage and react to daily MRP output
- Establish and update forecasts
- Adapt and alter plan to deal with material shortage.
- Use existing reporting tools as well as develop improvements to monitor and determine material usage patterns. Define product categories (Make to Order, Make to Stock) based on sales information
- Work with production to determine optimum batch sizes.
- Monitor and maintain stock level targets
- Monitor and take action on slow movers and no movers and expired shelf life materials.
- Maintain planning master data
- Ensure stock transfer to external warehouse and/or customer consignment stock
- Liaise with production scheduler to ensure smooth planning and daily cross-functional information updates.
- Work with customer service and Raw material purchasing team
- Place purchase orders and liaise with supplier for some resale items
- Prepare weekly performance statistics for availability to plan and customer requirement
- Improve and maintain the highest standards of housekeeping through 5S principles
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Good spoken and written communication skills, with the ability to write and present reports.
- Ability to create data for manipulation and analysis
- Ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders within the organisation
RELEVANT TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years or more experience in production planning/materials planning roles with relevant computer skills and experience.
- MRP Planning utilising SAP would be a high advantage
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring your CV is fully up to date and your contact information is correct.
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager