Newcastle Under Lyme
About the company:
- The Client is an award-winning global leader in industrial automation parts distribution and repair solutions. They serve 75,000 customers in 150+ countries, with customers in a variety of sectors including Energy, Food, Processing and Pharmaceutical.
- Due to internal promotions after an extended period of growth, the client is on the search for 3 new repair technicians to join their team.
About the role itself:
- As a Repair Technician, the right candidate is required to have an industrial automation background so they can join the client's production and engineering department.
- The Repair Technician role involves, but is not limited to, the repair and/or calibration of industrial controls including printed circuit boards (PCB's), timers, counters, programmable logic controllers (PLC's), drives, human machine interfaces (HMI's) and temperature & process controls. Experience in the servo and/or robotics industry would be a plus.
- Responsibilities include test functionality of each unit repaired, ordering parts for each unit processed and updating tracking notes in a customer retention management (CRM) system reflecting the steps take to repair each unit. Technicians are required to perform repairs of units down to component level, using good soldering and troubleshooting skills. Use of test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, function generator) and test fixtures is necessary to ensure the complete and proper repair of each unit.
What are the benefits?
- Starting salary of £12.99.
- As employee hits targets for 3 consecutive months, they would 'level up' and increase their salary base accordingly:
- Level 2: £33k, Level 3: £41.5k, Level 5: £49.9k
- Commission Plan
- 25 days holiday
What will you be doing?
- Soldering to a high level
- Troubleshooting down to component level
- Using a range of test equipment
- 90% bench level electronic and electro-mechanical / 10% documentation of actions taken on each item and team communication
- Ordering parts to assist with repairs
- Clean, check, service, and test repaired items to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Communicating with and reporting to a Repair Supervisor
What hours will I work?
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm (overtime available)
An ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and solder components is required
- Have a logical approach to fault finding
- Have the ability to understand wiring schematics and fault find electrical circuits
- Have used a CRM system in past roles
- Have the ability to work at fast pace
- Have good attention to detail
- Have experience with hand and power tools.
- Be incentive driven.
- Must understand the repair of Industrial Controls cycle, or can understand
- Strong technical skills, be able to understand Industrial Control processes and procedures
- Required to bring your own tools as specified by the hiring manager
Education and Experience:
- GCSE minimum grade C's in a science subject, Mathematics and English
- A recognised Electrical / Electronic Engineering Qualification is required
- Experience in the Industry or a similar repair environment a distinct advantage