My client is looking for a Senior Engineering Technician to join their Water UK team working for their international, engineering and project management consultancy based in Peterborough. The consultancy works for both private and public clients across 130 countries.
Due to the business growing from strength to strength the Water Europe Business Unit is continually in demand worldwide to provide solutions to coastal and river management issues and to enhance the environment in which they work.
The companies’ broad knowledge and experience enable us to find practical solutions for the most complex of problems, for example flood risk management against the backdrop of climate change and coastal erosion. They provide the full breath of skills from: asset assessment, business case development to gain funding, detailed design, support through site implementation and asset management considering long-term performance. They are particularly strong in strategic studies (and developing practical tools for clients to manage their assets) and in coastal management and coastal engineering.
The successful candidate will work within a team where you will produce of all types of CAD drawings and models (for internal and external clients), preferably including detailing and bending schedules, for civil and structural engineering projects from inception to completion.
Your involvement in and contribution to the project team, which may include other disciplines within the company, will be actively encouraged. You will also be expected to plan your own time, that of more junior technicians and assist your team leader and project managers in determining the resource requirements for your work.
- Preliminary scheme development
- Draughting and producing models for planning, tender, construction and production of as built digital information
- Checking drawings and models produced by others
- Undertake and support in the training and development of other Technicians and Engineers
- Managing resource within defined programme and budget constraints
- Liaising with Team Leader, Project Managers and Third Parties (i.e. Clients, Consultants and Contractors)
- Liaising with relevant external parties to ensure understanding of Clients’ needs and project requirements
- Operating in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures especially with regard to 2D/3D digital and hard copy document control
- Ensuring that current best practice is employed, this will include involvement with Company Skills initiatives when appropriate
- Where necessary work in other offices
- A good understanding of all aspects of CDM/health and safety requirements commensurate with the role
- For full details please see attached job description.
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Experienced in RC detailing
- ONC/HNC/BTech or equivalent qualification in building or civil engineering
- Working knowledge on UK BIM Level 2 projects
- Experience in operating and working with federated models
- Experience working with Contractors in a Design and Build environment
- Competent in the use of Multisuite, Revit, Structural Detailer, Navisworks and Infraworks
- A background in flood risk management (river and/or coastal engineering) would be advantageous
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme (which has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark)
- Discretionary company bonus
- Medical and Dental care
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy