About The Company
Do you want to work for the company that's playing a leading role in delivering the North West's low carbon future? Stanlow Manufacturing Complex, produces over 16% of the UK's road transport fuels, provides key feedstocks to Britain's petrochemical industry and is investing in developing low carbon fuels. We are a major supplier in the North West and beyond with customers including most of the major retail brands operated by international oil companies and supermarkets, Manchester Airport, leading commercial airlines and the region's trains and buses. And we're central to the innovative HyNet project which is redefining energy to achieve our regional low carbon ambitions and national policy targets. We employ over 800 expert and engaged colleagues, who are at the heart of everything we do. The company has an embedded safety culture, technically challenging work across all the different parts of the business and some of the best training available in the energy industry.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Senior Environmental Advisor to join the Stanlow Environmental team. The role holder will be expected to deliver independently across a variety of challenging projects and support the Environmental Manager on all environmental aspects of the Stanlow Site. The role will require the candidate to create and maintain excellent professional relationships with all the regulatory boards; while also ensuring the Site is fully compliant in all areas and giving environmental expertise to improvement projects as required. Currently the environmental team are involved in a number of exciting projects to deliver the site Energy and Carbon reduction targets. In this role you will be fully responsible for all Site environmental reporting and internal inspections; implementing and guiding the correct environmental cultures and approaches within the Operational teams.
Responsibilities And Requirements
You will be an Environmental Champion on site and will be required to communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- To ensure that all the necessary data is collected, reviewed and managed to ensure compliance with all Carbon Accounting and Carbon Emissions reporting requirements.
- To assist with collection, review and management of data for other EA and internal environmental reporting requirements.
- To be able to work with regulators and third parties at a professional level.
- To contribute and where appropriate to lead incident investigations using an appropriate methodology.
- To have oversight of all Environmental improvement activities and drive results to tight deadlines, contributing effectively to the technical teams charged with delivery (including projects, operations and process engineering) and influencing key enablers and stakeholders as required.
- Duty rota cover on the Environment Duty Rota, providing response as per the site emergency plans.
Our ideal candidate should have demonstrable experience of regulatory responsibility in a manufacturing environment and have significant experience in an environmental, process engineering or operational role. The candidate would ideally have a professional environmental qualification, or be willing to work towards one. Previous experience and understanding of ISO 14001, including assurance audits for compliance is highly desirable. Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 10% Company Contribution Pension rising to 15% with service
- 25 days Holiday, increasing with service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Additional Flex Benefits- including Holiday Purchase
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme with Exclusive access to a range of Discounts
- Free Secure on Site Car Parking