Senior Product Development Chemist, Adhesives - Medical Devices
Salary: Upto £45,000 PA DOE.
Additional: Upto 10% bonus, Pension - EE 3%, ER 6% or EE 4%, ER 8%, 4x annual salary life assurance
Cont… BUPA private medical care, canteen, and gym onsite
Hours: Monday - Thursday (8.30 - 16:30), Friday (8:30 - 13:30)
Our Client, an established/global medical devices company; is looking to recruit for an experienced Development Chemist (adhesives/ coatings focused) who will play a vital role in the continued developments into this specific product range from concept - launch. In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive renumeration package alongside being given the autonomy and budget to excel in this role.
- Subject matter expert for the assigned product portfolio including PSA's, PVC, PU Foams and gels.
- Responsible for the development of new adhesive coated products for the Healthcare Market (producing prototypes, running lab scale trials, scale up production level and take it through validation).
- Collaborate with marketing, customers and cross functional teams to assess customer requirements, identify new product opportunities, create technical solutions, propose development activities and estimate development costs.
- Scientifically lead conversion of new product developments from concept to pilot to scale up into commercially viable production processes, to agreed costs and quality.
- Provide technical expertise to rapidly resolve manufacturing processing issues; facilitate process improvements, deliver cost saving initiatives and implement technical solutions.
- Respond to customer enquiries and requests for technical support and product information.
- Liaise with customers as technical expert where required.
- Present on technology areas to customers (internal and external).
- Identify project activities, co-ordinate and deliver scientific and technical work, including project technical plans in collaboration with multi-functional team members.
- Develop test protocols and prepare scientific reports.
- Competently and confidently liaise with customers, external collaborators and contractors.
- Oversee maintenance of laboratory equipment and co-ordinate laboratory resource and testing as required.
- Supervise, mentor and influence scientific staff, identifying and realising their development and training needs.
- Adhere to relevant procedures which directly impact on their role, and the role of staff who report to them.
- Will ideally hold a PhD, MSc or very minimum BSc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Adhesives/ Coatings experience is essential (industrial experience/ not limited to research); ideally within a Medical Devices/ iso13485 setting although this is not essential.
- You must be able to produce prototypes, running lab scale trials, scale up production level and take it through validation (again adhesives/ coatings based).
- Someone with a commercial understanding/ working to budgets and deadlines and will ideally have supervisory experience too.