I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large General Build contractor based in the Manchester area. They are looking to add an experienced Senior Project Manager to the team to manage a £65m new build apartment project in the Manchester area.
The contractor has an excellent reputation in the industry and a strong portfolio covering new build, refurbishment and fit out works on a mixture of schemes from commercial to retail and high rise residential. They are looking for a project manager with a wide range of experience working as a No1 Project manager on projects from £20m - £80m.
As a lead project manager you will be based on site and report into the project director, dealing directly with the client and managing the project taking a view of all commercial aspects including profits and costs and managing your onsite QS to drive this. You will have a proven track record of maximising value on previous projects and must be a strong communicator. You will be dealing with clients on a daily basis and using your influencing and negotiating skills. You will take an overview of the overall Health and safety, quality and productivity of your sites and be able to drive these initiatives.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of high rise new build projects.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants
- Experience in dealing with clients directly and managing multiple customer relationships
- Ideally degree qualified or MCIOB
- Experience in the planning and programming of projects
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Asta/ Microsoft project/ Primavera software).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- 1st Aid
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with your updated CV or contact Aisling Ward for more information.