Senior QC Analyst/Chemist - Fuels
Location: Cheshire/ Chester area
Salary: £30,000 CIRCA (DOE could pay more or less)
Company Benefits: Company bonus (company performance based anything upto 30%); two company pension options (5/5% or 10/15%), death in service, 25 days holiday plus BH (rises each year) and private healthcare too.
Our Client, a Global - well known Chemical company are looking to appoint an experienced Fuels Chemist who will work as a vital part of the QC and QC Management team at their modern facility. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants career progression and with a clear career path mapped out; this role will eventually lead into a Management title/role.
- Running HPLC, GC and IC following methodology provided, troubleshooting issues that arise
- Performing wet chemistry techniques, including titrations, FP, pH, KF, KV and density
- Carrying out TGA analysis as part of Quality testing
- Recording and reporting data within the quality system- completing documents and spreadsheets accurately and in full
- Reporting results in a timely fashion under direction and priority
- Performing analytical investigations and tests to meet research and customer needs
- Having responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of analytical equipment
- Approving and rejecting raw materials
- Taking part in audits for ISO-9001, GMP and customers as required
- Corresponding with the plant and providing support when needed
- Using AX to report testing results and order consumables etc.
- The ideal candidate will hold a Degree in a relevant Chemistry based discipline
- Will come from a Chemical/ ideally Fuels testing background
- GC and HPLC experience is essential
- Wet chemistry and physical chemistry experience is essential (titrations, KF, PH, Density etc)
- We are looking for candidates with really strong leadership and interpersonal skills, this role will involve communicating with senior stakeholders of the company and will involve a lot of maturity in terms of assisting with the audit process; therefore it is really important that this candidate has some experience in communicating across different platforms/ departments or a willingness to learn this.
- We are looking for people with prior training, supervisory/coaching experience in a testing GMP accredited lab; again in an Chemical/ Fuels testing lab.